Scholastic Design Research Director in New York - SoHo, New York
Design Research Director
New York - SoHo, New York, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/3137/other-jobs-matching/location-only
3 days agoPost Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Scholastic, the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, is actively seeking a UX/UI Parents Design Lead to design and maintain a best-in-class digital experience to open a world of possible for kids in and out of the classroom. The ideal candidate will have extensive mobile first and user-centered design experience for large-scale responsive websites, transactional workflows, and personalized interactions.
The UX/UI Designer is accountable for researching, developing and executing design solutions for Scholastic’s content, e-commerce and marketing experiences. S/he is a multi-skilled innovator with strong interaction design and presentation skills. The UX/UI designer will apply common user-centered design practices and tools to solve complex problems, working collaboratively across engineering, analytics, marketing and editorial teams.
S/he will create and present interaction design concepts, prototypes, and produce detailed documentation to communicate macro- and micro-level features and functionality. The UX/UI Designer will identify and articulate constraints quickly and propose effective design solutions based on product requirements, business KPIs and strategy.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable using user research and analytics data to inform and defend design decisions. S/he will have a sharp eye for typography, color and space and be practiced maintaining and evolving a shared UI library pattern to support an iterative and agile design practice.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 96 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• A portfolio of sample UX/UI Design deliverables
• 8+ years designing experiences across multiple platforms
• Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches
• Strong knowledge of information design principles and practiced skill in creating and documenting artifacts to support development
• Understanding of related disciplines as they pertain to user-centered design (research and analytics, technology, project management, etc.)
• Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative design process
• Ability to collaborate actively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Familiarity with scalable taxonomies and metadata tagging for enterprise content management systems
• Knowledge of capabilities/limitations of current front-end technologies
• Demonstrated fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe CS. Familiarity with software development, email and analytics tools such as JIRA, Adobe Analytics, Campaign and Target are a strong plus
• B.A./M.A. in Interaction Design or equivalent work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here at http://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/files/EEO-is-the-Law-Poster-English.pdf .